But over all, seven out of ten is a lot better than things have been lately. It is Tuesday and we are back to a full fifteen games, which, based on things last week, fill this picker with dread. But facing things is what this picker does. So on we go:
- The Orioles over the A's: Hernandez versus Cahill. Can't remember the last time Cahill had a good outing.
- The Rangers over the Indians: Very scary game. The Rangers need the wins. The Indians have been getting them in bunches.
- The Yankees over the Blue Jays: Now that we have Mitre out of the way, it's back to our regularly scheduled programming.
- The Marlins over the Astros: Not only is Volstad doing well, but Oswalt is back for his first game after injuring his back. Not liking that scenario.
- The Braves over the Nationals: Hanson versus Lannon. The Braves stop the Nats' winning streak even though the Nationals are using their best pitcher.
- The Tigers over the Red Sox: Porcello is a scary pick, but the Red Sox are starting Tazawa, the same young kid who gave up A-Rod's bomb in the 15th inning Friday night.
- The Padres over the Brewers: Richard was a lot for the White Sox to give up for Peavy.
- The Phillies over the Cubs: Happ versus Harden. Going with Happ.
- The Twins over the Royals: Did you notice that the Fan got a Twins' game pick correct yesterday? It's a miracle!
- The Reds over the Cardinals: Lehr hasn't lacked courage since he came up from the minors. Did you get that joke?
- The Pirates over the Rockies: Ohlendorf! Ha ha! He is pitching against the latest reincarnation of Chacin.
- The Diamondbacks over the Mets: Man, how the Fan hates picking against Livan.
- The Bay Rays over the Angels: David Price needs to have a big game.
- The White Sox over the Mariners: Isn't Fister one of the most unfortunate names?
- The Dodgers over the Giants: Randy Wolf needs to win this game to put the Dodgers back on easy street.
Well, there it is. It doesn't feel like another 5-10 line up.