On the plus side, the underdog pick of the day worked out as the Royals surprised the Bay Rays. The Yankees finally beat a "Sox" team. The Blue Jays had a great game. The Diamondbacks beat the Mets as predicted. The Marlins crushed the Cubs' closer. And the Nationals won a game. Hurrah.
It's a short schedule today with only nine games. Here is how the Fan sees them:
- The Royals over the Bay Rays: Can Greinke give the Royals a two game winning streak?
- The Nationals over the Pirates: Mock versus Morton. The Fan hates games like this. Anything can happen.
- The Tigers over the Orioles: Verlander rights the ship against a good looking rookie named Tillman.
- The Cubs over the Reds: Wells has been very good for the Cubs and Harang hasn't had a good game in forever.
- The Diamondbacks over the Mets: Haran versus Figueroa. A no-brainer, right? Been burned so many times by supposed no-brainers.
- The Giants over the Astros: Mike Hampton doesn't look like he'll get comeback player of the year.
- The Padres over the Braves: Have no faith in Kawakami and Latos has looked good in his first career starts.
- The Rangers over the A's: There is no way the Rangers should win with Nippert pitching, but somehow, they will.
- The Dodgers over the Brewers: Kershaw is the only player on the Dodgers that won't have jet lag, but he is the only one that matters.