The Fan tends to focus more on the negative than on the positive. And, again, there was more positive than negative, so with his chin firmly up, this picker presents his Tuesday game picks:
- The Diamondbacks over the Pirates: Petit outpitches Duke while the Diamondbacks out hit the Pirates.
- The Rockies over the Phillies: This picker just can't fathom Moyer. He's got to have a clunker in there once in a while. He's due.
- The Marlins over the Nationals: Really like Josh Johnson.
- The Indians over the Twins: The Fan is totally over his Twins fascination. Which probably means they will start winning.
- The Tigers over the Orioles: Jarrod Washburn makes his Tigers' debut at home. Detroit's park is pitcher friendly. The Orioles are starting another rookie pitcher (Matusz) the picker has never heard of.
- The Blue Jays over the Yankees: Halladay at home? Yeah, he'll do alright.
- The Bay Rays over the Red Sox: An ALCS rematch of Garza versus Lester.
- The Cubs over the Reds: Totally over Cueto. He just can't pitch consistently.
- The Cardinals over the Mets: Watch Albert Pujols break out of his mini-slump against Johan Santana.
- The Astros over the Giants: Sanchez has been kicked around since his perfect game.
- The Royals over the Mariners: Somehow feel better about Hochever than Rowland-Smith.
- The Angels over the White Sox: The Angels are the hottest team on the planet right now.
- The Braves over the Padres: Vazquez should win this one.
- The Rangers over the Athletics: The Rangers keep throwing Holland out there. One of these days it has to pay off.
- The Dodgers over the Brewers: You have to pick the Dodgers at home. Manny has to start hitting sooner or later.