Friday means we are back to a full schedule of games. Not that it's any easier, mind you. But at least there are more chances. Here's how the Fan sees what's coming up today:
- The Padres over the Pirates: Okay, so the first pick isn't easy. Perhaps this pick will be right and the Fan will get an early stocking Stauffer.
- The Red Sox over the Orioles: Another game that isn't easy to pick. Guthrie has actually started to look like the best Orioles' pitcher lately and the Red Sox are starting Buckholz.
- The Mets over the Nationals: Well, that's three iffy games in a row, eh?
- The Marlins over the Reds: Homer Bailey has looked better of late, but the Fan likes this Vanden Hurk kid.
- The Phillies over the Braves: Two teams struggling on offense. Hudson hasn't thrown a real good game since he's come back. That may be the difference.
- The Bay Rays over the Blue Jays: Shields has pitched better than his record.
- The Astros over the Brewers: Ugh! Two more rookie pitchers going at it. Come on!
- The Angels over the Rangers: Kazmir for the Angels and the Rangers don't like lefties much. The party is over.
- The Twins over the Tigers: Here come the Twins. The Tigers stumbling around have given this wacky team new life.
- The White Sox over the Royals: Buehrle should beat Hochever, right?
- The Cubs over the Cardinals: Ted Lilly has had a fantastic year and nobody knows about it.
- The Rockies over the Diamondbacks: Sticking with Marquis even though he has struggled of late.
- The Athletics over the Indians: The Indians look as bad at the end of the season as they did at the beginning. Not good.
- The Dodgers over the Giants: The honeymoon still isn't over for Padilla as the Dodgers put another nail in the Giants' coffin.
- The Yankees over the Mariners: Jorge Posada is serving his suspension, so A. J. Burnett has no excuse not to win.