Ah well. It's another fine day here in northern Maine and a tee time awaits. Time is winding down on that season, and the snow will soon be flying. So that's more important at the moment. Without further blather, here are Sunday's picks:
- The Bay Rays over the Red Sox: The Bay Rays have thrown in the white flag, but could steal a win as Garza is a better bet than Buckholz.
- The Phillies over the Mets: Maine is making his first start back from the DL. Those kinds of games never turn out well.
- The Royals over the Indians: Carrasco is supposed to be the next big thing for the Indians, but he hasn't shown anything. Davies was really good his last time out.
- The Tigers over the Blue Jays: Now Vernon Wells gets hot. It's a little late isn't it?
- The Yankees over the Orioles: Sabathia rights the ship. Again.
- The Marlins over the Nationals: The Marlins aren't dead yet.
- The Rangers over the Mariners: Like this Hunter kid. Plus, the Rangers better win or they are dead.
- The Pirates over the Astros: Maholm pitches well and the Pirates win 4-2.
- The Twins over the Athletics: The Athletics are hot so they should win. But with the Twins, they always foul that up. So they should win. Man, those guys mess with the Fan's head.
- The Braves over the Cardinals: The match up of the day with Vazquez versus Carpenter. Carpenter is due to lose and Ryan Franklin is suddenly blowing games at an alarming rate.
- The Cubs over the Reds: Lost in the Cubs meltdown this season is a really great year for Ted Lilly.
- The Angels over the White Sox: Kazmir starts to pay dividends for the Angels.
- The Rockies over the Padres: Marquis is the MAN!
- The Dodgers over the Giants: Brad Penny is a mirage, right? Come on!
- The Diamondbacks over the Brewers: Scherzer versus some kid named Narveson. Going with the more experienced rookie.
- The Red Sox over the Bay Rays: Second game of a day/night double-header. Lester should win.
- The Mariners over the Rangers: King Felix tries to hang with Zeirnke for Cy Young consideration.
- The Phillies over the Mets: Another make up game as Pedro takes care of Tim Redding.
Yesterday: 5-10 Ouch