At least the races are getting more fun. The Red Sox actually have an outside shot to catch the Yankees. The Giants are making the Rockies sweat and the Twins are doing their best to erase a woeful season with a run at the end while the Tigers get a goat-sized lump in their throats. We didn't think we had any drama, but drama has a way of appearing when you least expect it.
Let's see what drama can occur on Saturday:
- The Pirates over the Padres: Have to go with main man, Ohlendorf, for one more start.
- The Nationals over the Mets: The Nats beat the Mets with one of their lesser known pitchers last night. Tonight, the Nats have one of their best pitchers (Lannon) pitching.
- The Indians over the Athletics: Have little faith in Sowers. But have even less in Gonzalez.
- The Giants over the Dodgers: Penny is one of those slobs that needs motivation to do well. Pitching against his old team (that called him out for being a slob) is just the ticket.
- The Cardinals over the Cubs: Carpenter gets back on the winning ways.
- The Twins over the Tigers: This game has disaster written all over it for the Tigers. Pavano versus Verlander? Should be a win for the Tigers, right? Nothing has been that easy for the kitties lately.
- The Brewers over the Astros: Just can't pick Moehler to win. Just can't do it.
- The Rangers over the Angels: Feldman at home? Doesn't add up. But hey, the Fan has to root for his guy.
- The Royals over the White Sox: Normally would shy away from this kind of pick, but Peavy is making his Chicago debut after being out all year. That never seems to end well.
- The Red Sox over the Orioles: Lester rolls in a laugher.
- The Blue Jays over the Bay Rays: Can't remember the last time a pick for Garza came out positively.
- The Marlins over the Reds: Arroyo is due for a clunker. The hot-hitting Marlins should provide it.
- The Phillies over the Braves: Heck, let's ride Pedro's magical mystery tour.
- The Rockies over the Diamondbacks: The Rockies desperately need a win here.
- The Yankees over the Mariners: Sabathia is in the midst of another stretch run.