There are only nine games on tap for Thursday baseball. Here's how they look:
- The Royals (yeah, yeah) over the Tigers: Match up of the week as Greinke goes up against Jackson. If the Royals can scratch out three runs, Greinke will win.
- The Cubs over the Brewers: Randy Wells versus Bush. That seems too good not to take.
- The White Sox over the Mariners: Danks versus Morrow. Morrow can be just about anything so this is a flier.
- The Phillies over the Nationals: Who would you rather have, Washington's Detwiler or Philadelphia's Cole Hamels? Yeah, same here.
- The Bay Rays over the Orioles: Sure, Davis is a rookie going for the Bay Rays, but Hendrickson is starting for the Orioles. He's a relief pitcher for heaven's sake.
- The Braves over the Mets: Jurrjens over Figueroa in what should be another easy pick.
- The Marlins over the Reds: The Reds have been hot, but don't like the match up of Sanchez versus Maloney.
- The Red Sox over the Angels: The Red Sox might not lose again in the regular season.
- The Indians over the Athletics: This one is just a hunch.