- The Twins over the Indians: The question here is whether the Indians will get more runs than Grady Sizemore will have off-season surgeries.
- The Marlins over the Cardinals: Looking for Josh Johnson to come up big against Pineiro.
- The Dodgers over the Pirates: The Dodgers got yet another walks off win last night. Like the Fan said, poor Zach Duke can't catch a break. That was the Pirates best chance to win a game this series.
- The Diamondbacks over the Padres: Going with an experienced pitcher (Davis) over and inexperienced one (Mujica).
- The Phillies over the Nationals: Really want to pick Livan to win, but that wouldn't be responsible.
- The Bay Rays over the Orioles: The Rays might as well win a few after losing their season.
- The Royals over the Tigers: The Tigers suddenly seem like the Royals and the Royals seem like the Tigers.
- The Yankees over the Blue Jays: The Yankees kill left-handers and Tallet is pitching.
- The Reds over the Astros: Another of those frustrating picks with two unheralded youngsters. Lehr has looked better than the funny-named Bazardo.
- The Braves over the Mets: Derek Lowe should be much better than Parnell.
- The Angels over the Red Sox: Saunders has been better lately, but is still no picnic to pick. But Byrd starts for the Red Sox. Ouch.
- The Cubs over the Brewers: Another battle of the former contenders. Not much to care about here.
- The Athletics over the Rangers: The Rangers look wasted. Out of gas. Done.
- The White Sox over the Mariners: Gavin Floyd versus Rowland-Smith. The-White-Sox-get-the-win.
- The Giants over the Rockies: Cain should beat De La Rosa. Had the Rockies pegged to win the wild card. Not so fast, eh?