What about Monday? Let's take a look:
- The Dodgers over the Pirates: The Dodgers would have clinched on Sunday, but sloppy fielding led to a blown save and thus the Dodgers will have to play hard for another day.
- The Phillies over the Astros: Hamels over Bazardo, whose name this picker never gets tired of saying. The Phillies magic number is three and then they can rest.
- The Mets over the Nationals: Let's guess that Figueroa will be better than Detwiler.
- The White Sox over the Indians: Ozzie Guillen's tirade after Saturday's loss was a thing of ugly beauty.
- The Twins over the Tigers: The Twins have to win this game to give the rest of the series any kind of drama.
- The Yankees over the Royals: The Yankees will rest half the team, have hangovers, start Gaudin and will still win the game.
- The Bay Rays over the Orioles: This pick is only because Hendrickson is starting for the Orioles. Otherwise, the Bay Rays should be embarrassed the way they mailed in the last two months of the season.
- The Braves over the Marlins: The Marlins have the better offense, but Jurrjens is better than Sanchez nine times out of ten.
- The Red Sox over the Blue Jays: The Red Sox still have some business to attend to and Beckett is starting at home.
- The Angels over the Rangers: The Angels want to get the clinch over with and a win takes two of the magic numbers off the board in one snap.