So let's get started with today's games:
- The Yankees over the Red Sox: The Yankees will put together one last push to get to 100 wins and clinch the division in the same swoop. Pettitte gets the honors (which seems fitting) while the Red Sox counter feebly with Byrd.
- The Indians over the Orioles: Huff leads the Indians with ten wins (despite an ERA near 6) and has been good of late (3-1 2.88) and his opponent, Tillman, has had a rough September.
- The Blue Jays over the Mariners: Tallet hasn't had a good game since forever, but the Blue Jays are at home and face Rowland-Smith. This one is a toss up.
- The Marlins over the Mets: Like Josh Johnson over Misch. The Marlins aren't dead, so they will keep playing hard.
- The Dodgers over the Pirates: The Dodgers could clinch with a win and then Manny can take the rest of the season off. Kershaw over McCutchen.
- The Braves over the Nationals: The Braves couldn't have asked for a better final push schedule as they get the Nats while the Rockies get the Cards. Lowe will win today.
- The Phillies over the Brewers: Blanton is a better bet than Bush.
- The Reds over the Astros: Cueto versus Wandy. The Fan has been going with Wandy all year, but the Astros seem to have quit on the season and the Reds have been playing really well.
- The Tigers over the White Sox: Jackson versus Hudson is a fortunate match up for the Tigers as they attempt to stumble into the playoffs.
- The Royals over the Twins: Ah, the Twins are coming down to the wire but have to put Liriano out there to face Greinke. Not good.
- The Bay Rays over the Rangers: Have no faith in McCarthy for Texas while Price has looked really good lately.
- The Rockies over the Cardinals: Don't like Lohse in this match up against De La Rosa. Plus the Cards have clinched and the Rockies are still fighting for the wild card.
- The Angels over the Athletics: The A's have been fantastic of late, but Saunders should win this game.
- The Cubs over the Giants: The Cubs have been hot (too bad it's too late) and the Giants have been cold.
- The Diamondbacks over the Padres: Horrible game to have to pick with Mujica versus Buckner. Going with the home team because that's all there is.