The Fan still has a good week and a good month going so no matter what happens tonight, September is going to be the best picking month all season here. Even so, let's go out with a bang tonight. Here's how it looks:
- The Cubs over the Pirates: The Cubs keep piling up the victories after the horses have left the barn. Lilly is their best pitcher.
- The Indians over the White Sox: Don't like picking Carmona, but the White Sox are starting Torres.
- The Nationals over the Mets: Okay, go with the flow. Lannon is a very good pitcher on a very bad team and Redding can't keep throwing quality starts.
- The Phillies over the Astros: Pedro gives reason to give him post-season starts while Moehler gives up some bombs to Rollins, Utley and Howard.
- The Twins over the Tigers: The good news for the Tigers is that Verlander gave them a win last night. The bad news is that the Tigers have nothing after Verlander. Bonine? Oy.
- The Yankees over the Royals: Even the Yankees at rest can't seem to lose. Chamberlain gears it up for the playoffs.
- The Bay Rays over the Orioles: A ho hum battle of the also-rans in the AL East.
- The Reds over the Cardinals: Like Arroyo over Smoltz, especially if some of the Cardinals get rested.
- The Braves over the Marlins: The Braves lost a heartbreaker last night and the Rockies won, leaving their wild card hopes very faint. Vazquez tries to keep the pulse.
- The Blue Jays over the Red Sox: Halladay continues to help the Red Sox back into the wild card.
- The White Sox over the Indians: Can't see Masterson beating Buehrle.
- The Cubs over the Pirates: Lots of make up games tonight! Zambrano should beat Karstons.
- The Rockies over the Brewers: The Rockies win last night was huge.
- The Padres over the Dodgers: The sleeping giant continues to sleep as the Padres will hit Garland and Richard will continue to make the White Sox look stupid.
- The Angels over the Rangers: Turn out the lights if you're the last one out. Weaver over Holland.
- The Athletics over the Mariners: The A's could be scary next year the way they have pitched in the second half.
- The Giants over the Diamondbacks: It sure leaves a bad taste in the mouth to pick Penny to win. But Mulvey won't get the job done.