Four more days of games in the regular season. For those who have already reached the playoffs, look for more B team games. For those not in contention, there is always stat padding to be done.
Here's what Thursday looks like:
- The Reds over the Cardinals: Carpenter goes for the Cardinals, but the Fan can't seem him going beyond five innings or so in what will probably be just a tune up for the playoffs. The Reds were 18-9 in September.
- The Twins over the Tigers: In a classic game of "it's too late, darling, it's too late," the Twins have Baker going against Nate Robertson. They should win.
- The Rockies over the Brewers: The Rockies will whack around Parra and finish the job for the season.
- The Diamondbacks over the Giants: In a game worth paying to watch, Lincecum squares up against Haran. These two studs are about even, so you go with the better offense.
- The Rangers over the Angels: Millwood should win against the Angels' B team.
- The Phillies over the Astros: Paulino has been terrible and Cliff Lee needs a good start before the big show.
- The Bay Rays over the Orioles: Garza should have no problem here.
- The Braves over the Nationals: Hanson should beat Mock as the Braves try to act like it's not too late.
- The Red Sox over the Indians: Lester's five inning tune up against Carrasco should be enough to finally win the Sox a game.
- The Pirates over the Cubs: Maholm should have no trouble over the folding Cubs, especially with Samardzija starting for the Cubs.
- Oakland over Seattle: This Anderson kid is nasty. Two A-plus pitches. Just nasty.
Month: 230-168 Final for September. 58%