Since the Twins got rained out in their death match with the Tigers, there are sixteen big games on tap for today:
- The Twins over the Tigers: Make up game of last night's rain out features the same match up of Blackburn and Porcello. The Twins get it down to one game.
- The Phillies over the Astros: Happ should beat the young Lopez.
- The Mets over the Nationals: Somebody has to win this game, no? The Mets have Pelfrey out there versus yet another rookie for the Nationals.
- The Indians over the White Sox: Masterson versus Torres. Yeah, good luck with either pick.
- The Yankees over the Royals: The Royals couldn't beat the Yankees B unit yesterday. They won't beat the A unit today.
- The Tigers over the Twins: We get to see what kind of pitcher Verlander can be for the post season today.
- The Bay Rays over the Orioles: Wade Davis continues to make Bay Ray fans think about next year. Guthrie starts for the Orioles.
- The Cardinals over the Reds: The last time Homer Bailey faced the Cardinals wasn't pretty at all.
- The Braves over the Marlins: It's hard to pick the Braves in this one because Hudson hasn't shown too much since coming back and Josh Johnson is the Marlins' best pitcher. But the Braves are so smokin' it's hard to resist.
- The Blue Jays over the Red Sox: Buckholz doesn't inspire confidence and Romero is going to have a good night.
- The Cubs over the Pirates: The Cubs continue to win after it's too late.
- The Brewers over the Rockies: The Rockies are struggling to the finish line and so is Marquis.
- The Dodgers over the Padres: The Dodgers finally clinch with Billingsley on the mound.
- The Rangers over the Angels: The Rangers appear to have simply given up after last night's 11-0 drubbing. But the Fan has to go one last time to the Feldman well. Go, Feldman, go!
- The Mariners over the Athletics: Felix Hernandez has a great game and continues to make it tough for Greinke in the Cy Young race.
- The Giants over the Diamondbacks: Sanchez should win at home against Davis.