The Fan can feel himself getting sadder and sadder as the season only has three days left. Ah well, let's buck up and see what Friday's games look like:
- The Cubs over the Diamondbacks: This is another one of those games that don't make any sense to pick. Gorzelanny versus Buckner? Going with the home team.
- The Marlins over the Phillies: Blanton will not pitch for very long with the playoffs ahead. And the Phillies bullpen leaves much to be desired.
- The Orioles over the Blue Jays: Like Berken over Purcey, though it's another game where anything could happen.
- The White Sox over the Tigers: A Tigers loss is the only way we go into the final days with any kind of drama, so there it is.
- The Astros over the Mets: Going with Wandy for one last time this season.
- The Reds over the Pirates: Like Lehr over McCutchen with the Reds at home.
- The Red Sox over the Indians: Dice-K makes his pitch to be on the post season roster.
- The Braves over the Nationals: Neither team has anything to play for anymore. But Lowe should beat Livan.
- The Yankees over the Bay Rays: This is a terrible game to predict. How hard will the Yankees let Sabathia go for the 20th win with the playoffs right around the corner?
- The Twins over the Royals: Manship versus DiNardo? Yeesh. The Twins have to win to have any hope.
- The Cardinals over the Brewers: Wainwright will pitch five innings, but learned lessons from the Carpenter pick.
- The Padres over the Giants: The Padres are at home and have Zito to contend with. Not that hard a task really.
- The Angels over the A's: Weaver needs to show something for the playoffs in what will be a short outing.
- The Dodgers over the Rockies: The Dodgers will finally win a game after limping into the playoffs.
- The Rangers over the Mariners: In a battle of reclamation projects, McCarthy faces Snell.