After a spectacular Tuesday, Wednesday went right back to mediocrity which is majorly frustrating. It's just baseball and it is beyond picking to know what is going to happen. Since any particular night is like the lottery, the Fan has as much chance at going a perfect 15-0 as he has winning that lottery. And you can try to be scientific, but it's problematic at best to rely on probabilities.
And so, like that old lottery wheel, we will now watch what spills out of that old wheel for Thursday in a light schedule of only seven games:
- The Twins over the Blue Jays: Because it's just crazy. Pavano helped the Twins win last night. It's frigging rediculous.
- The Tigers over the Royals: Jarrod Washburn versus Lenny DiNardo, who hasn't pitched in the majors since August 10th of last year.
- The Rockies over the Reds: Because somebody has to win the game that Contreras and Kip Wells are starting. Golly...
- The Nationals over the Phillies: Because the Fan is a nut who likes to pick Livan Hernandez.
- The Marlins over the Mets: Another crap shoot of West versus Parnell. When in doubt, go with the team with more talent.
- The Astros over the Braves: Because the Astros will score three runs against Lowe while the Braves don't versus Oswalt.
- The Angels over the Mariners: The darned Angels are going to win the AL West. sigh...