This has been a crazy picking week. The picks have gone from the depths of woe to a glorious high. Yesterday wiped out a bad week completely and zooks, it could have been even better if this picker knew BEFORE the picks that Lincecum wasn't going to pitch. And of course, the Twins continue to mess with the Fan's head. The Royals inexplicably won. And King Felix was done in by two Jack Wilson errors. It's a good thing the Mariners traded for Wilson for his defense. That came in handy.
So we have another full slate of games. Hopefully, today will go as well as yesterday:
- The Rangers over the Indians: Is Feldman pitching? Check. Is he on the road? Check. Pencil it in.
- The Cubs over the Pirates: Those poor Pirates. At least McCutchen is in a good battle for Rookie of the Year.
- The Cardinals over the Brewers: Wainwright looks like a great bet over Suppon.
- The Padres over the Giants: The Giants are sinking and Zito won't be able to right the ship.
- The Phillies over the Nationals: Lee has thrown two bad games in a row. Don't think it will be three against the Nationals.
- The Bay Rays over the Yankees: This Joba thing isn't working out too well.
- The Blue Jays over the Twins: Halladay versus Pavano. Now there is a contrast eh?
- The Mets over the Marlins: Have been burned by this Misch guy twice now. Not touching that hot burner again.
- The Orioles over the Red Sox: With Byrd in hand, got the Orioles in a bush.
- The Astros over the Braves: Great match up of Wandy versus Hanson. If Wandy hadn't thrown those three bad games in the middle of the season, he'd be a Cy Young candidate.
- The Tigers over the Royals: Verlander should have an easy time of it.
- The Athletics over the White Sox: Just because it is fun to pick against the pale hose.
- The Reds over the Rockies: The Reds hung in there against a good pitcher yesterday and have Arroyo pitching today.
- The Mariners over the Angels: Probably a stupid pick, but Snell has been winning and that makes people stupid.
- The Diamondbacks over the Dodgers: Garland versus Haran. Got to go with Haran.