The picks for Friday shape up thusly:
- The Nationals over the Dodgers: Isn't it ironic that Joe Torre has more horses in the Kentucky Derby than in his rotation? Tonight it will be Haeger versus a guy named Luis Atilano, who was called up to take Marquis' spot in the rotation. Atilano is a former 2003 first round pick. He isn't a big power pitcher (according to his minor league stats) but he throws strikes.
- The Mets over the Braves: Maine has got to get it together and a struggling Atlanta offense is a good place to do it. Ike Davis watch: two more hits last night. Heyward is in a bit of a slump.
- The Reds over the Padres: Tough pick here as Cueto versus Correia could go either way.
- The Red Sox over the Orioles: Lester needed a match up like the Orioles in the worst way. Ortiz has sat two straight games. hmm...
- The Bay Rays over the Blue Jays: The Bay Rays win the battle of the "Ays." Brent (Beanie and) Cecil was called up to pitch for the Blue Jays, but Garza is now an ace so it won't matter.
- The Astros over the Pirates: The Pirates just lost a 20-0 game. Maholm is a nice pitcher but Oswalt will be better.
- The Rangers over the Tigers: The Rangers finally picked up a W last night. They have Feldman pitching tonight. Hamilton is showing signs of life. Nelson Cruz is turning into a superstar.
- The Cubs over the Brewers: Dempster is consistent and should beat Suppon who is making his first start of the year. Blech.
- The White Sox over the Mariners: Floyd is better than Rowland-Smith so that will make the difference as neither team can hit.
- The Twins over the Royals: Pavano versus Meche. Yeesh. Not a fun game to pick.
- The Marlins over the Rockies: Great match up of Nolasco versus Smith. Going with Nolasco since he did the Fan so well last time out.
- The Phillies over the Diamondbacks: Hamels versus Benson isn't even a fair fight.
- The Indians over the Athletics: Westbrook versus Duchscherer seems to favor the A's, but this picker is predicting an upset.
- The Yankees over the Angels: A. J. Burnett has burned this picker twice. Will it be three times if the Fan predicts him to win? It hasn't worked the other way around.
And in the GAME of the DAY!
- The Cardinals over the Giants: Garcia versus Lincecum is a very intriguing match up. Garcia has been the biggest surprise this year so here's predicting the Cards win the game something like 3-2.
Games of the Day: 3-4