Tuesday needs to be a rebound day with a full slate of games. Here goes:
- The Brewers over the Pirates: It isn't any fun to start off with this one. Bush versus Morton. Oy.
- The Rockies over the Nationals: Scott Olsen is back for the Nationals against De La Rosa. The Fan never picks a guy making his season debut from the minors.
- The Blue Jays over the Royals: Scary pick here as the Blue Jays have started stumbling a bit of late. But Eveland has been great so far. Yeah, that makes it scary too.
- The Mets over the Cubs: New times in New York with Ike Davis in town. Pelfrey has been outstanding. Zambrano has not been.
- The Reds over the Dodgers: Manny isn't playing. Loney is slumping and Torre will still pull Billingsley before the sixth inning because he doesn't believe in him.
- The Braves over the Phillies: Two young pitchers in Hanson versus Kendrick. Kendrick needs a good start and will probably have one. But Hanson is really good.
- The Rangers over the Red Sox: The Rangers have to be cursing the schedule maker with a series in Boston after getting swept by the Yankees. But Lewis has been really good so far and the Red Sox counter with Wakefield.
- The Marlins over the Astros: Volstad versus Myers is pretty much a wash, so taking the Marlins' offense over the Astros'.
- The Indians over the Twins: In the upset of the day, young Masterson takes a step up and Slowey has a clunker start after a couple of good ones.
- The Bay Rays over the White Sox: What does it say about the Bay Rays when David Price is probably their worst starter?
- The Diamondbacks over the Cardinals: Going with Haren over Lohse in a pitching duel.
- The Yankees over the Athletics: Vazquez should fare better away from Yankee Stadium and all those boos.
- The Tigers over the Angels: Kazmir has been awful so far. Porcello goes for the Tigers.
- The Mariners over the Orioles: Vargas starts for the Mariners. Ugh. But they should win anyway.
And the GAME OF THE DAY!
- The Padres over the Giants: The Padres have had two great starts by young guys in a row with LeBlanc and Richard. Those things are catchy and Latos will continue the good times against a weak-hitting Giants team. Sanchez starts for the Giants which could be the only monkey wrench in this pick.
Games of the Day: 2-2