And, because many teams are getting their home openers, there is nearly a full slate of games on a Monday. Here's how the sizzling Fan sees them:
- The Tigers over the Royals: Scherzer versus Hochever in an interesting match up. The Tigers line up versus the Royals' line up. No match up at all. Although both teams bullpens have been horrible to date.
- The Cubs over the Brewers: Dempster should have no problem giving up less runs than Davis. The Cubs are in trouble though.
- The Phillies over the Nationals: This one looks like a lock despite Marquis starting for the Nats.
- The Indians over the Rangers: Going with Carmona over Harden. Though Carmona's last start was effective, his wildness was back. Uh oh.
- The Red Sox over the Twins: How could Lester lose to Pavano? But then again, how did Livan throw seven scoreless innings? You just never know.
- The Astros over the Cardinals: Wandy brings home the first Astros win of the year. Hey, they are not going to lose 162 games, right?
- The Braves over the Padres: Going with Jurrjens over Correia though Jurrjens was shaky last time out.
- The Athletics over the Mariners: Not happy picking Duchscherer, but would be even unhappier picking Rowland-Smith.
- The Orioles over the Bay Rays: Predicting a Garza thwacking. But that could be real stupid. We'll see.
- The Marlins over the Reds: Nolasco looks unhittable. Cueto can be unhittable...or he could walk the building. Again. You just never know.
- The White Sox over the Blue Jays: The Blue Jays are hot, but Peavy should cool them down a bit.
- The Pirates over the Giants: Ohlendorf. It's a personal thing.
Month: 63-22 Amazing...