Let's look at Sunday's games and see if the ball will keep rolling:
- The Tigers over the Indians: The Fan likes Westbrook and all comeback stories. But Verlander is just too good to not pick.
- The Reds over the Cubs: Wouldn't it be a feel-good story if Leake, who's never thrown a minor league pitch, wins his first major league start? He throws strikes and he's darn good. Plus, who wants to pick the Cubs with Gorzelanny?
- The Dodgers over the Marlins: Warning! This is a sentimental pick. The Fan really wants Haeger to stick in the majors as we need another knuckleball guy.
- The Mets over the Nationals: Santana verses Livan seems like a huge mismatch. But those usually fry an egg on the Fan's face.
- The Blue Jays over the Orioles: The Jays are on a serious roll to start the season and Marcum might be their best pitcher. They face Millwood.
- The Yankees over the Bay Rays: Burnett versus Shields. The Bay Rays are favored, so going with an upset here.
- The Phillies over the Astros: Halladay versus Oswalt. Could be a draw. But the Phillies offense versus the Astros? A serious mismatch.
- The White Sox over the Twins: Beuhrle was seriously good in his first start and his lefty arm should neutralize the Twins over-lefty lineup.
- The Red Sox over the Royals: Holdover rule from last year: Never pick a pitcher pitching his first start back from disabled list. This game's version? Gil (ga) Meche.
- The Rangers over the Mariners: The Fan believes in Feldman and doesn't believe in Snell. Thus the pick.
- The Rockies over the Padres: Like Ubaldo over Garland.
- The Athletics over the Angels: Braden was awesome last time out. Saunders, not so much.
- The Giants over the Braves: Can't pick against Lincecum.
- The Diamondbacks over the Pirates: How unfair was it that yesterday, the Fan didn't pick the Pirates because McCutchen was supposed to pitch and then Duke did and won the game? Well, McCutchen is SUPPOSED to pitch today.
- The Brewers over the Cardinals: This is the upset pick of the day with Wolf out pitching Carpenter.
Last Week: 51-19