Let's see if we can make Monday a one day blip. Here are today's picks. Oh! before the Fan forgets: A nice person commented yesterday and asked the Fan to make a double down pick. While it's understandable a daily post like this may be used for those who wager on such things, the Fan doesn't understand that world and makes these picks purely for the fun of it. That said, he has no idea what a double down pick is. It seems logical that it's a pick of pure brilliance that the picker feels strongly about? Unfortunately, this is baseball. There is never a game or a pick that the Fan feels that strongly about. So anyway, here are the picks:
- The Tigers over the Royals: Not rock solid on picking a team that is starting Dontrelle Willis. But not rock solid over picking against them either.
- The Yankees over the Angels: Pettitte should have no trouble in the Yankees' home opener.
- The Dodgers over the Diamondbacks: Kershaw is a better pick than Ian Kennedy. That is, if he lasts more than four innings.
- The Orioles over the Bay Rays: The upset pick of the day. Really like this Matusz kid.
- The Blue Jays over the White Sox: The Blue Jays really let one slip away last night. Romero should right the ship.
- The Reds over the Marlins: This game is dangerous no matter how you pick it. Nate Robertson and Bronson Arroyo were both very good their first time out of the gate. But both could bomb very easily. Yeesh.
- The Rockies over the Mets: Remember the Maine. Can't pick his team anytime he starts.
- The A's over the Mariners: Seattle has really started terribly at the plate. Ichiro is batting .250. Figgins is under the Mendoza line. Anderson starts for Oakland, which won't help them.
- The Giants over the Pirates: In the immortal words of Roger Daltrey: "We won't get fooled again!"
Yesterday: 4-8 [oof]