For probably one of the few times this season, Thursday has a pretty heavy game schedule. So let's see what kind of trouble we can either cause or get into.
- The Dodgers over the Pirates: The Dodgers and Joe Torre gave up on Billingsley last season. But the Fan still believes in his ability.
- The Cardinals over the Reds: Brad Penny - this year's Duncan miracle.
- The Blue Jays over the Rangers: Romero starts for the Jays and the Fan likes this kid. Plus, it seems the Rangers are a bit weak against lefties.
- The Royals over the Tigers: Just a feeling that Bannister is going to have a good year. Plus, Willis is starting for the Tigers making them an uncomfortable pick.
- The Athletics over the Mariners: Anderson is pitching and is one of the finest young arms in the league. Fister is pitching for the Mariners. Yeesh.
- The Phillies over the Nationals: Thought the Nationals had some spunk this year, but they are just hanging there like dead lichen. The Fan thinks it's punishment for sending Strasburg to the minors.
- The Marlins over the Mets: Have no confidence in this pick. Was going to pick the Mets and Niese but that felt even worse than picking Nate Robertson and the Marlins.
- The Braves over the Cubs: Hanson blows up the Cubbies. Mark it down, there will be a housecleaning in Chicago soon.
- The Orioles over the Bay Rays: The brilliant young Matusz reels in the Orioles' first win.
- The Indians over the White Sox: It's time for Masterson to pitch to his ability.
- The Twins over the Angels: Slowey had a good spring. We'll see if he can carry it over into the season.