- The Rockies over the Brewers: Cook is decent enough and can at times be quite wonderful. Davis is quite awful and can be decent enough at times. Thus this pick.
- The Giants over the Astros: How did the Astros get this bad? They might end up with a worse record than the Royals this year.
- The Dodgers over the Pirates: The Pirates are a young scrappy team that will strike out a lot. Kershaw is a pitcher that will salivate over that opportunity.
- The Nationals over the Phillies: The upset pick of the day. Going with Marquis over Hamels.
- The Marlins over the Mets: Nolasco was unhittable all spring.
- The Cardinals over the Reds: The Reds had to wonder if they would be in the mix this year. Starting against the Cardinals will put that to bed quickly.
- The Braves over the Cubs: Dempster had a good spring, but is facing Jurrjens. Good luck with that.
- The Yankees over the Red Sox: Just a feeling that the Yanks will jump on Lackey.
- The Bay Rays over the Orioles: The Orioles' closer tossed the game out the window and that had to feel crappy, no?
- The Rangers over the Blue Jays: Why couldn't the Blue Jays open against a lesser team?
- The Tigers over the Royals: Doesn't matter how good Hochever will be. They'll still lose.
- The Indians over the White Sox: Francisco Carmona! It's going to be a big year.
- The Diamondbacks over the Padres: Got to go with Ian Kennedy for sentimental reasons.
- The Mariners over the A's: Still scared about Duchscherer.
- The Twins over the Angels: Must be the piano effect if the Fan is picking Pavano...