Here we go again. Another down day follows a good day. What is this, Wall Street? The commodities market? The Red Sox sweep the high-flying Bay Rays and then lose to the Royals. Dice-K nearly throws a perfect game last time out. This time, he walks eight. Whuh?
Okay, so May is seriously pooched. It's almost over. If only the tally could remain slightly over .500 for the month, it would be on to newer and better things. And so it's a big weekend for this here picker. Let's start with Friday:
- The Cardinals over the Cubs: Hate to pick against Wells. That seems like blasphemy but two things here: First, he is facing Carpenter and secondly, Pujols finally hit a homer yesterday. Look out now.
- The Athletics over the Tigers: Ah well, Dontrelle is still trying but...
- The Yankees over the Indians: The Yankees get a losing team for the first time in a month. They better take advantage of it. Plus, Hughes is pitching.
- The Blue Jays over the Orioles: Marcum plus a weak team equals success.
- The Marlins over the Phillies: Just a hunch that the Marlins will jump all over Kendrick.
- The Astros over the Reds: Another hunch that Wandy is going to pitch a super game.
- The Red Sox over the Royals: Wakefield baffles the free-swinging Royals.
- The Braves over the Pirates: Duke is the Pirates' best pitcher, but...
- The Mets over the Brewers: Still waiting for heads to roll in Milwaukee. Santana wins.
- The Rangers over the Twins: Lewis beats Slowey in this possible playoff preview.
- The Rockies over the Dodgers: First, the Rockies need this game more. Secondly, they are pitching Francis. Lastly, the Dodgers are pitching Monesterios.
- The Padres over the Nationals: The Padres have been unbelievable. The Nationals are falling to earth.
- The Mariners over the Angels: Cliff Lee out pitches Kazmir.
- The Diamondbacks over the Giants: Jackson out pitches Cain and is Abel to get the win.
And the GAME OF THE DAY
- The Bay Rays over the White Sox: Mr. Price wins in a mark down.
Games of the Day: 19-22 For Pete's Sake!