Nine wins and six losses yesterday. This picker will take it and is seriously glad that week is over. There were a few stupid picks yesterday and a couple of brilliant ones. For one, this picker should not have picked against Pelfrey. He's been so good this year. Totally ralphed on the Boston pick too. Dice-K was magnificent and the Fan didn't see it coming. But the Cubs pick was great and a few others turned out just as expected. The hole was too deep though and despite 20 wins in the last two days, the Fan just missed getting back to .500 for the week. With a week to go in the month, the goal this week is to finish on a positive note, keep May over .500 and hope June goes much better.So let's begin the battle:
- The Reds over the Indians: The Reds finish the sweep as Homer Bailey continues his improved pitching.
- The Pirates over the Braves: In the upset of the day, the Pirates win their one game this week as Zach Duke throws a good game.
- The Phillies over the Red Sox: Halladay should be better than Wakefield, right?
- The Orioles over the Nationals: The bullpen lost the game for the Orioles yesterday. Perhaps Millwood can go deeper into the game today.
- The Marlins over the White Sox: Josh Johnson should handcuff the weak-hitting (for the most part) White Sox.
- The Bay Rays over the Astros: Price pitches a gem (not hard to do against the Astros) while Norris gives up enough runs to make the win fairly easy.
- The Rangers over the Cubs: This is one of those give-you-fits games. Wilson has been great, but so has Silva. Silva is showing a few more cracks these days and the four runs he gives up will be enough for the Rangers.
- The Twins over the Brewers: Pavano has been scary lately (or back to his usual self?). But the Brewers are starting some guy named Estrada. That doesn't seem promising.
- The Royals over the Rockies: The Fan hardly ever picks against Greinke despite the poor run support and the terrible relief pitching usually associated with his starts. But the guy has so much talent.
- The Cardinals over the Angels: Great match up here of Weaver versus Carpenter. Think Carpenter will be better.
- The Giants over the Athletics: Sanchez needs to throw strikes, but if he can stay in the game long enough, he should beat Sheets.
- The Padres over the Mariners: Latos has been a revelation while King Felix has lost some of his mojo.
- The Blue Jays over the Diamondbacks: Marcum should be better than Billy Buckner.
- The Yankees over the Mets: Marquee match up of Sabathia and Santana. The Yankees hit lefties well and Santana seems to be pitching more on guts than glory. In other words, his health doesn't seem all there.
And the GAME OF THE DAY!
- The Dodgers over the Tigers: Kuroda was good his last time out. Porcello seems to be having a tough year so far. Plus, the Dodgers are red hot.
Last week: 52-54
Games of the Day: 18-18