This Fan was tired last night and went to bed early, which hardly ever happens. Upon retiring, only eight games had been completed and this picker had five of those games right. Imagine the private expletives that exploded this morning when this picker discovered that only one more pick went right the rest of the night. Frankly, this is sickening. Five of the last eight days have been in the red. This week is in mortal danger of being the first entire week in the red. The month of May is now only one game over .500. The Games of the Day feature has become some sort of sick joke with four losses in a row and five out of the last six. And that feature is what the Fan considers a mortal lock to be right. It's stupid and the Fan is dang tired of the failure. The Red Sox can't beat the Royals? The Bay Rays can't beat the White Sox? What's going on here?
Surely, Saturday has to be better (and please don't call the Fan Shirley):
- The Yankees over the Indians: Read a story that the Yankees pitching coach found a flaw in Sabathia's delivery and they worked on it in the bullpen. Expect him to come up big.
- The Blue Jays over the Orioles: Feeling really bad for the Orioles. They really are pathetic.
- The Angels over the Mariners: King Felix hasn't been right. Weaver is the Angels' best pitcher.
- The Cardinals over the Cubs: It appears that the Cardinals finally got sick of losing.
- The Rangers over the Twins: Sooner or later, the Rangers are going to have to beat a good team if they want to win the division.
- The Phillies over the Marlins: One of the best match ups of the year with Halladay versus Johnson. Could go either way.
- The Reds over the Astros: Harang versus Moehler who is making his first start of the year. Hearing reports out of Houston that the Astros' veteran players are dogging it.
- The Braves over the Pirates: Not thrilled with Medlan starting for the Braves. Seems a loaded pick...
- The Brewers over the Mets: Nieve isn't Niese, which sure is confusing.
- The Royals over the Red Sox: Oh what the heck. Might as well waste another pick on Greinke.
- The Athletics over the Tigers: Anderson out pitches Porcello.
- The White Sox over the Bay Rays: Wade Davis hasn't been impressive lately.
- The Dodgers over the Rockies: Kuroda versus Cook in a rematch of last week won by the Rockies.
- The Padres over the Nationals: Latos!
And the GAME OF THE DAY
- The Giants over the Diamondbacks: Sanchez puts together a great game with lower walks.
Week: 35-41 how embarrassing
Month: 191-190 trying to hold on
Games of the Day: 19-23 Amazing