Wednesday was a decent day. It wasn't great. But it was decent. This picker totally didn't see Lincecum getting hammered or the Cardinals losing AGAIN. Should have picked Boston for the sweep. Should have gone with Hochever over Feldman ("You've lost that lovin' feeling") but at least the tally picked up two wins from the Yankees after they finished their suspended game. The Mets' pick was a good one thanks to a brilliant game by Takahashi. Ubaldo won again (nine wins!) and Oswalt pitched great in his scouting game. And so, after Tuesdays debacle, ten wins are ten wins and this Fan will take them.
- The Astros over the Brewers: The Brewers have to find somebody besides Bush to start these games.
- The Dodgers over the Cubs: The Dodgers' pitcher is the best Ely since the guy who played Tarzan on television all those years ago.
- The Diamondbacks over the Rockies: The D-backs salvage one game of the series with Haran.
- The Giants over the Nationals: The Nationals beat up on Lincecum. Maybe the slower stuff of Zito will screw them all up.
- The Cardinals over the Padres: This Fan keeps picking the Cardinals and they keep losing. The law of averages has to work here sooner or later.
- The Orioles over the Athletics: Bergesen pitches a good game.
- The Braves over the Marlins: Prefer Hudson over Nolasco in a very good match up.
- The Mets over the Phillies: The Mets sweep with Pelfrey again brilliant.
- The Reds over the Pirates: Cueto has pitched great three times in a row. That is uncharted territory for him.
- The White Sox over the Bay Rays: The Bay Rays go into a Boston induced funk.
- The Yankees over the Twins: The Yankees jump on Blackburn and Vazquez is a good bet on the road.
And the GAME OF THE DAY
- The Red Sox over the Royals: Fresh off a Bay Rays spanking, the Red Sox get a new dog to kick around.
Games of the Day: 19-21 Dang those Cardinals