Come on, Friday, rescue the Fan's butt:
- The Nationals over the Marlins: Lannan has been good lately. Sanabia is all over the charts. Not a fun game to start out with.
- The Tigers over the Orioles: The Tigers are on a roll. Galarraga (with Joyce behind the plate) over Millwood.
- The Reds over the Pirates: Thank goodness the Reds are away from Coors. Bailey over Maholm.
- The Twins over the Indians: The Twins have won a bunch in a row and have put a strangle hold on what was a close race. It now appears over. Pavano over Carmona.
- The Phillies over the Mets: Chalk up another win for Halladay as Mejia gets the loss.
- The Blue Jays over the Bay Rays: The Blue Jays can get to Shields (they did so just last week) and Cecil gets the win.
- The Cardinals over the Braves: The Braves are fading fast. Carpenter gets the win over Minor.
- The Yankees over the Rangers: These two teams are about even on offense until you take away Hamilton. Advantage Yankees. Vazquez over Wilson.
- The Astros over the Dodgers: Happ has another quality start and the Dodgers look dead in the water. Step away from this mess, Mr. Torre.
- The White Sox over the Royals: Buehrle over Chen. Manny has a big night, but it's a few games too late.
- The Athletics over the Red Sox: Cahill wins the battle of the young pitchers over Buchholz as the Red Sox pound the ball to the infielders all night.
- The Rockies over the Diamondbacks: The Rockies will keep winning as long as they are home. De La Rosa over Saunders.
- The Angels over the Mariners: Weaver should win this game over Pauley (don't you think of the Sopranos every time you hear that name?)
- The Giants over the Padres: Okay, the Fan is all in on the Giants. The Padres would have been a nice story too.
And the Game of the Day:
- The Cubs over the Brewers: Zambrano is back to the good side after a really bad season in every way. He beats Bush.
Games of the Day: 75-65