Here are Wednesday's picks:
- The Mets over the Nationals: Dickey over a fading Livan. Ike has been hot for the Mets.
- The Yankees over the Orioles: Still can't the mind around the Orioles sweeping the Yankees. Nova over Bergesen.
- The Phillies over the Marlins: The Phillies will win the NL East [*sigh*] Hamels over Miller.
- The White Sox over the Indians: Danks should win easily over Bonderman.
- The Pirates over the Braves: Lowe has a sore something or other and has been terrible lately. Zach Duke gets the win.
- The Indians over the Angels: Yesterday it was Masterson. Today it will be Tomlin. Sleep tight, Angels.
- The Astros over the Cubs: Brett Myers gets the win over Wells. Houston is playing really well.
- The Rangers over the Blue Jays: Even without Hamilton, the Rangers should have enough fire power to get to Rzepcyinski. Holland goes for the Rangers.
- The Bay Rays over the Red Sox: Garza needs to be sharp for the pick to be correct, but he should beat Wakefield.
- The Rockies over the Reds: Here come those Rockies again. They are like a rash, you think you've got them taken care of and here they come. Cook over Arroyo.
- The Twins over the Royals: Giving up on Greinke getting wins. Going with Duensing.
- The Diamondbacks over the Giants: Zito has had a real rough second half, which is sad. Young Hudson should win.
- The Athletics over the Mariners: French flirted with a no-hitter last time out but he won't beat Gio Gonzalez.
- The Dodgers over the Padres: The Padres have to go with Luebke. The Dodgers win with Billingsley.
And the Game of the Day:
- The Cardinals over the Brewers: Again, apologies to Mr. Capuano, but his manager shouldn't be starting him. Easy win for the Cardinals with Garcia.
Games of the Day: 75-63