- The Padres over the Dodgers: Padilla is scheduled to pitch for the Dodgers. Latos for the Padres. The skid has to end.
- The Phillies over the Marlins: Oswalt continues to be worth the trade though there is no question whether Happ would have been just as good. Sanchez goes for the Fish.
- The Diamondbacks over the Giants: Going with Ian Kenneday over Bumgarner in this one with the D-backs at home.
- The Angels over the Indians: Haren should best Carrasco.
- The Red Sox over the Bay Rays: Lester comes up big in big games and the Red Sox want to still think they have a shot. Niemann has been awful of late.
- The Rockies over the Reds: The Rockies are at home and get Harang from the Reds. Maybe they can score some runs for Jiminez who has been great but gets no run support.
- The Athletics over the Mariners: Good young pitchers here in Anderson versus Vargas. Picking the A's to scrore at least one more run.
- The Astros over the Cubs: Wandy!
- The Cardinals over the Brewers: Gallardo has never beaten the Cardinals and it hasn't ever been close. Westbrook wins.
- The Twins over the Royals: Slowey over O'Sullivan. Shouldn't be close.
- The Braves over the Pirates: Hanson was great last time out and gets Burres who hasn't been good since his call up.
- The Rangers over the Blue Jays: With Hamilton out, this is a weakened Rangers. But Hunter has been so good, the Fan has to go with him over Romero.
- The Mets over the Nationals: The Mets finally put their hitting shoes on last night. They will need them against Zimmermann. Pelfrey starts for the Mets.
- The White Sox over the Tigers: Scherzer has been great for the Tigers, but Jackson has been even better for the White Sox.
- The Marlins over the Phillies: Two rookie pitchers with no record. Flip a coin.
And the Game of the Day:
- The Orioles over the Yankees: Burnett? Nah. Matusz? Yeah.
Games of the Day: 74-62 Happy Labor Day Everybody!