- The Nationals over the Mets: We have two untested pitchers (Don't you love September call up season?) It will be Dillon Gee for the Mets over Cuban, Yunesky Maya, for the Nats. Flip!
- The Tigers over the White Sox: In a perfect world, Verlander should beat Garcia ten out of ten times they face each other.
- The Braves over the Pirates: The Braves better win one of these games for Pete's sake. They have their ace, Hudson, on the mound. But the Pirates counter with McDonald, who has a big arm and has been unlucky.
- The Marlins over the Phillies: Volstad has a 3.99 ERA against the Phillies lifetime. Blanton should give up five runs, so that makes this a Marlins win.
- The Blue Jays over the Rangers: Feldman makes an emergency start. It won't be pretty. Marcum goes for the Canadian slashers.
- The Astros over the Cubs: Silva was a nice story earlier, but he's been hurt. Figueroa has been a nice story for the Astros.
- The Bay Rays over the Red Sox: David Price proves how vulnerable the Red Sox are to a big left-handed arm. Dice-K goes for the Red Sox and has had a good season.
- The Brewers over the Cardinals: Narveson can hit and lately, he can pitch too. Lohse goes for the Cardinals, which doesn't inspire confidence.
- The Twins over the Royals: Another chance for Liriano to stay up with Felix Hernandez for Cy Young consideration. Bannister goes for the Royals.
- The Reds over the Rockies: Cueto needs to come up big (you never know with him) for this pick to be correct. But the Reds should get to Chacin.
- The Indians over the Angels: The Angels have fallen and can't get up. Masterson should overpower those aging hitters unless he doesn't throw strikes.
- The Diamondbacks over the Giants: Lincecum gave hope that he is back from his problems, but Enright out pitches him.
- The Athletics over the Mariners: Dallas Braden should shut down the M's while the A's scratch out enough runs over Fister.
- The Padres over the Dodgers: A winning streak follows a losing streak.
And the Game of the Day:
- The Yankees over the Orioles: Sabathia at home has been golden. He wins #20 while the Yankees get to Arrieta.
Season: 1157- 865
Games of the Day: 75-66