It might as well start tonight, right?
- The Diamondbacks over the Pirates: Ian Kennedy versus Burres. How good would Kennedy still look if he were still with the Yankees?
- The Yankees over the Orioles: Speaking of the Yankees, the Orioles are the last team this struggling group of All Stars want to face right now. But they get Millwood. Burnett? What do you have? Anything?
- The Phillies over the Nationals: Oswalt over Marquis. The Phillies may not lose the rest of the year.
- The Blue Jays over the Red Sox: A pick fraught with danger, but the Fan likes Cecil over Lackey in this match up.
- The Braves over the Mets: Hanson needs to come up big and the Braves need to win or Bobby Cox is going to retire without a playoff appearance.
- The Bay Rays over the Angels: The Angels burned out their bullpen yesterday. Haren will have to be magnificent. Lots of odds against them there.
- The Cubs over the Marlins: Dempster pitched a great game last time out and has been solid all year. Senabia is a puzzle.
- The Royals over the Indians: Lock your doors everybody, but Kyle Davies is about to win his third game in a row!
- The Astros over the Reds: The Reds are going to coast into the playoffs because they aren't playing well. Wandy Rodriguez over Cueto.
- The Athletics over the Twins: The Twins just killed the White Sox and are bound to take a day off here sooner or later. Anderson is just the pitcher to do that. Blackburn has been great since his stint in the minors but seems due for a mashing.
- The Padres over the Cardinals: Latos is the Padres' last hope and fortunately, they get Lohse.
- The Tigers over the White Sox: The Chisox are done. Toast. Have fun looking at Manny the rest of the year. Scherzer out pitches Jackson.
- The Rockies over the Dodgers: Not picking the Dodgers the rest of the year. Come on, Rockies! Score some runs for Ubaldo, will ya!
- The Mariners over the Rangers: King Felix ends the Rangers' winning streak with a killer game.
And the Game of the Day:
- The Giants over the Brewers: Bumgarner gets the job done and the Giants get to Wolf. First place? Wow.
Games of the Day: 79-68