Wednesday features three day games in the NL and an early start in Seattle among its full slate of offerings. The picks:
- The Braves over the Nationals: Lannon has been good lately, but the Fan can't see the Braves losing another game to the Nats. Minor goes for the Braves, who need a win in the worst way.
- The Red Sox over the Mariners: Buchholz should easily win this game. Pauley goes for Seattle.
- The Astros over the Brewers: Happ wins another pitching against Bush.
- The Angels over the Indians: Shelley Duncan won't hit two more homers and Weaver should notch the win over Gomez.
- The Padres over the Rockies: Somehow, the Padres finish off the sweep as Richard faces De La Rosa. The relief pitchers will be gassed on both sides.
- The Blue Jays over the Orioles: One we've been waiting for as Kyle Drabek makes his major league debut for the Blue Jays. Whoo! That should be fun. Drabek faces Bergesen, who has been much better for the Orioles of late.
- The Reds over the Diamondbacks: Homer Bailey needs to come up big against a long-ball team. But the Reds should score on Saunders.
- The Yankees over the Bay Rays: Hughes needs to have a good game but Shields can't seem to get out of the second time around the line up.
- The Phillies over the Marlins: Halladay gets win #19 as the Marlins offers young Sosa up for sacrifice.
- The Rangers over the Tigers: The Rangers' bats are booming and nothing seems to be able to stop them right now. Certainly Galarraga won't stop them. Lewis with the win.
- The Mets over the Pirates: Mijia gets his first win while Maholm in the middle gets touched up for a few runs by the Mets.
- The Cardinals over the Cubs: Really want to pick Zambrano and the Cubs, but just can't pick against Carpenter in this one.
- The Twins over the White Sox: The Twins put a nail in the White Sox coffin yesterday and tack it shut today as Duensing gets the win over Gavin Floyd.
- The Dodgers win another thriller over the Giants: Billingsley follows Kershaw's lead and the Dodgers get to Cain just enough.
And the Game of the Day
- The Athletics over the Royals: Trevor Cahill continues his great season at the expense of Chen.
Games of the Day: 78-67