Sunday starts a new week. Baseball competes with the beginning of the NFL. Here's the Fan's take:
- The Twins over the Indians: Slowey will beat Talbot. It's a little disturbing how few runs the Twins are scoring lately though.
- The Phillies over the Mets: Niese has been nice but Oswalt is the vice that will push this win in the Phillies column.
- The Tigers over the Orioles: Tillman has shown signs of being a major league pitcher, but Verlander will be too tough for the Orioles.
- The Nationals over the Marlins: Just when you think the Marlins have figured it out, they bite you in the butt. Volstad gets hit and young Zimmermann pitches well.
- The Blue Jays over the Bay Rays: Niemann has been scary ugly lately, ever since he came off the DL, he's been lit up like a Christmas tree. The Blue Jays are due for a quality start. Marcum gets it done.
- The Astros over the Dodgers: Again. Figueroa has pitched well. Monesterios is a late fill in.
- The White Sox over the Royals: The White Sox will come up short this year, but Ozzie won't let them quit.
- The Brewers over the Cubs: Gallardo should finally give the Brewers a win. Coleman hasn't been the answer for the Cubs.
- The Rangers over the Yankees: The Yankees' bullpen is gassed. Why Girardi didn't utilize Abladadejo or whatever his name is more yesterday is a mystery. Sometimes you have to trust those Triple A numbers. Lee shuts down the offense while Moseley is the sacrificial lamb.
- The Diamondbacks over the Rockies: The D-backs steal one here with Ian Kennedy beating Chacin.
- The Angels over the Mariners: Haran pitches another quality game and the Angels offense outscores the Mariners. Vargas with the loss.
- The Padres over the Giants: The Padres have risen to the occasion and today Latos shuts the Giants down. Lincecum will be tough though.
- The Athletics over the Red Sox: Braden over Beckett. Sad in a way that the Red Sox are an after thought.
- The Braves over the Cardinals: Hudson buries the Cardinals. Goodnight sweetheart, it's time to go...
And the Game of the Day
- The Reds over the Pirates: The Reds smell blood. Cueto wins easily.
Last Week: 52-45
Games of the Day: 77-65