It's raining here, but at least it is somewhat warm. But to quote the Carpenters, "Rainy days and Mondays always get me down." Let's see if these pick can't provide a pick-me-up:
- The Tigers over the Rangers: Yeah, the teams are going in opposite directions, but you have to pick Verlander over Ogando, don't you?
- The Mets over the Rockies: Pelfrey has looked bad so far. But Hammel wasn't great his first time out either and has lost his only outing at Citi Field. Mets with the win.
- The Bay Rays over the Red Sox: Got to believe that Hellickson will bamboozle the Red Sox while Dice-K gives up enough runs to lose.
- The Cubs over the Astros: Dempster hasn't exactly been throwing lights out. But neither is Figueroa. The Cubs out-score the weak hitting Astros.
- The Athletics over the White Sox: Going with Braden over Buehrle since Buehrle is 4-13 lifetime against Oakland. Braden will have to be better than last time out though.
- The Cardinals over the Diamondbacks: The Cards hit better yesterday, have McClellan on the mound and Enright will implode like Enron.
- The Padres over the Reds: Impossible game to pick. You never know what Volquez will do nor how Latos will respond in his first start of the year. Going with the home team in a game that might be a bullpen affair.
- The Indians over the Angels: Another impossible game. They all look difficult, don't they? Talbot? A kid making his MLB debut for the Angels (Tyler Chatwood). Who knows.
- The Dodgers over the Giants: Going with Kershaw over Bumgarner. Bumgarner is at home and seems to pitch better on the road. Kershaw can be no-hit stuff on any given night.
And the Game of the Day
- The Mariners over the Blue Jays: How can you ever pick against Felix Hernandez? You can't and be sane.
Games of the Day: 3-8