Saturday is a new day but also the end of the week. The Fan needs a good day here:
- The Orioles over the Indians: The Orioles end their four game slide behind Guthrie, who has been reborn under Showalter. Tomlin has been good, but the feeling here is that it's a bit of a mirage.
- The Brewers over the Nationals: The Brewers and Gallardo are too good to lose to the Nationals again. Oh boy, those are dangerous words.
- The Yankees over the Rangers: Everything points to a Yankee loss in this one. Freddie Garcia makes his first Yankee start. Holland has been good for the Rangers. But blog buddy, Dan McCloskey, said on Twitter that he has a good feeling about this one. If this is wrong, blame Dan. heh.
- The Reds over the Pirates: James McDonald has an arm. Ee-eye-ee-eye-oh. But with that arm he faces the Reds, ee-eye-ee-eye-oh-no.
- The Mariners over the Royals: King Felix against Sean O'Sullivan. Kings have tread on Irish heads for a thousand years. All you can do is gnash your teeth.
- The White Sox over the Angels: Tyler Chatwood is no Jared Weaver and Gavin Floyd was really good last time out.
- The Bay Rays over the Twins: Two teams going in opposite directions. Niemann is still the Fan's favorite pitcher in Tampa against Home Run Baker, who never seems to get over his homer trend until June.
- The Braves sweep the Mets: Derek Lowe wins the first game over Carrasco and then the Braves' bullpen bails out Jair Jurrjens making his first start in the second game against a struggling Pelfrey.
- The Phillies over the Marlins: Can't see Hamels losing to Anibal Sanchez. Really depends on which Sanchez shows up.
- The Padres over the Astros: Wish this series would end already. How do you pick which anemic offense will score more runs? Going with Latos over Figueroa.
- The Rockies over the Cubs: Seems to the Fan that the one time last year when Hamels and Hammel pitched on the same day, they both lost. [[[shiver]]] Oh well, sticking to it with a win over Casey Coleman.
- The Giants over the Diamondbacks: Crappy match up between Zito and Saunders. Simply closed the eyes and picked this one.
- The Tigers over the Athletics: Is it this Fan's imagination or do the Tigers play tighter than a drum when Verlander pitches? Probably just imagining things. He beats Dallas Braden.
- The Dodgers over the Cardinals: Kershaw cools off the hot Cardinal bats. McClellan with the hard luck loss.
And the Game of the Day!
- The Red Sox over the Blue Jays: Several reasons why the Red Sox win. First, Beckett was amazing last time out. Second, Varitek will catch him and not tip pitches like Saltalamacchia does. Third. The Red Sox are better than 2-10.