But you know what? The Fan will take it because the ball bounces both ways. It doesn't matter that Sam Fuld, of all people, would hit four extra base hits to help make the Bay Rays pick correct. It was a good pick. We'll call them broken bat hits. They still count on the scorecard.
Okay, what are we looking at for Tuesday?
- The Rangers over the Tigers: This pick has every danger sign imaginable going for it. The Rangers are bound to lose some time. But Brad Penny is not the answer for the Tigers, who have had to open with one heck of a tough schedule. C. J. Wilson with the win.
- The Yankees over the Orioles: Hardy was a tough loss for the Orioles as he anchored their defense. Tillman throws too many early pitches and A. J. Burnett looks much better this year.
- The Brewers over the Pirates: Kevin Correia has been surprisingly good. But Marcum should be better and the Brewers are starting to play really well together.
- The Phillies over the Nationals: Blanton pitched four good innings last time out and then got hit hard after that. He should bounce back. Livan is hard to pick against. It's a pick that usually bites. But the Fan will take his chances.
- The Rockies over the Mets: Want to pick Niese and the Mets, but the Mutts look like they aren't responding well to Terry Collins. That's just how it looks here. Plus, Emil Rogers was really good his last start and is pitching with purpose.
- The Braves over the Marlins: The Braves haven't started well and two bad starts by Tommy Hanson is one of the reasons. The Fan is counting on him bouncing back in this one and beating Volstad and the Marlins.
- The Bay Rays over the Red Sox: Tough call here. David Price versus Jon Lester is an electric match up.
- The Astros over the Cubs: Myers is the Astros best pitcher and the Cubs counter with James Russell making his first major league start. Not a good combination for the Cubbies.
- The Royals over the Twins: The Fan has a man-crush on Jeff Francis and wishes a certain New York team had picked him up. Francis beats Duensing and the struggling Twins.
- That Athletics over the White Sox: Another tough pick. Jackson has looked like an ace. But haven't we seen that a dozen times before? Cahill, fresh off his new contract, should pitch with confidence and shut down the White Sox.
- The Padres over the Reds: Upset pick of the day. Sam LaCure was decent for the Red in his first start, but reality sets in this time. Richard has a good game at home.
- The Angels over the Indians: The Indians' winning streak comes to an end as they get buzz-sawed by Danny Haran. Carmona pitches well in the loss.
- The Blue Jays over the Mariners: Love this kid, Pineda, but Ricky Romero has been awesome thus far. The Mariners can soak in their dramatic win, but they won't walk eleven times in this one.
- The Giants over the Dodgers: Tim Lincecum. Enough said? Yeah, the Fan thinks so, especially against Billingsley.
And the Game of the Day!
- The Cardinals over the Diamondbacks: Chris Carpenter is still the ace. Galarraga is throwing well, but the Cardinals are past due for a breakout streak.
Games of the Day: 4-8