But glory be! The Game of the Day feature climbed all the way back and is now over .500. Holy cow! That feature (and the Red Sox) are not dead after all. Never thought the Red Sox were anyway.
There are nine games on Monday's schedule. Here's how this Fan sees them:
- The Yankees over the White Sox: As usual, much depends on how Burnett pitches. And the Fan is also wary that the White Sox are due for a win. Humber goes for the White Sox. A young Humber going for the White Sox sways the vote.
- The Nationals over the Pirates: Hate picking against the Pirates, especially with Tony out there watching. But Maholm has a lousy history against the Nationals. Lannon is no picnic for the Nats, but the Fan will go with that.
- The Cubs over the Rockies: Emil Rogers proved fallible his last time out. Garza with his first win for the Cubbies at home.
- The Marlins over the Dodgers: The Marlins have won eight of ten and have the third best record in the NL. Nolasco was really good his last time out. Garland has had one terrible start and one great one. Oy.
- The Blue Jays over the Rangers: Let's see. The Rangers have lost their closer and their best player. Colby Lewis has been less than inspiring and Drabek has shown he is the real deal. Blue Jays.
- The Brewers over the Reds: Narveson has to be good. Arroyo is a solid pitcher. But right now, the Reds are ice cold.
- The Phillies over the Diamondbacks: The Phillies have been getting every other dominant starts from their big guys. Lee was only so-so his last time out, so it's his turn to be dominant. Ian Kennedy is good. But not as good as Lee.
- The Braves over the Padres: Mr. Heyward and Mr. Uggla are starting to rake. Lowe should keep the ball in the yard in San Diego. Moseley has been outstanding (if not lucky) but unlucky in the win-loss column.
And the Game of the Day!
- The Athletics over the Angels: Super match up between Gio Gonzalez and Jared Weaver. Going with Gio against a flat offense for the Angels.
Games of the Day: 13-12