Come on, Wednesday! Lift the Fan out of this mess! Five day games on the schedule is a happy day despite the picks:
- The Marlins over the Dodgers: The near-no-hit guy, Anibal Sanchez, faces Ethier who has a 23-game hit streak. Something has to give there. Just in case, the Fan went back to 2006 to see how Sanchez pitched after his real no-hitter and he threw a strong game the next start too. Bad news for Billingsley.
- The Brewers over the Reds: Gallardo over Sam LeCure has all the makings of a mismatch. Why is that so scary?
- The Rockies over the Cubs: Chacin over Casey Coleman has all the makings of a mismatch. Why is that so scary?
- The Phillies over the Diamondbacks: Hamels over Saunders has all the makings of a mismatch. Why is that so scary? Geez, need to get a therapist or something.
- The Braves over the Padres: Okay, the Fan isn't picking the Padres again until they can score runs like the Mariners. Hanson over Latos.
- The Red Sox over the Orioles: Beckett over Jeremy Guthrie has all the makings...oh nevermind.
- The Yankees over the White Sox: Colon over Buehrle in a battle of old goats. The Yankee bats should explode against Buehrle.
- The Royals over the Indians: It still seems like these two teams have played each other twenty times already. Francis over Tomlin.
- The Mets over the Nationals: Dickey and Gorzelanny have similar results. But the Mets are on a roll of sorts.
- The Angels over the Athletics: Haren should win this one as this Fan won't get on the Tyler Ross bandwagon until he throws strikes.
- The Tigers over the Mariners: You have to go with Verlander over Bedard right? Bedard's velocity has been missing thus far. But it's a miracle of sorts that he's still pitching.
- The Giants over the Pirates: James McDonald is yet another in a long line of unsuccessful starters for the Pirates. Bumgarner needs to get his act together though.
- The Cardinals over the Astros: Despite the end of the game being a scary place for the Cardinals this season, they should take a bigger lead into the late innings in this one where Lohse beats Happ.
- The Rays over the Twins: Wade Davis leads the Bay Rays over Liriano, who desperately needs to be traded away from the Twins.
And the Game of the Day!
- The Rangers over the Blue Jays: Can't see Jo-Jo Reyes having any chance against the Rangers. Holland with the win in a laugher.
Games of the Day: 13-14