The Fan needs a big day on Saturday to save the week:
- The Bay Rays over the Angels: Pineiro is making his first start back from injury. Shields has been pitching well. Both facts should lead to a Tampa win.
- The Phillies over the Mets: The Mets got hammered yesterday and it won't be any better today with Halladay facing Niese.
- The Cardinals over the Braves: The Cardinals are on a big roll and should win if Westbrook pitches decently. The Braves don't seem to be as good as this picker thought they were. Beachy with the loss.
- The Giants over the Nationals: Sanchez should overpower the Nats' hitters while the Giants score a few off of Lannon.
- The Athletics over the Rangers: Brett Anderson has been the A's best pitcher. Dominant stuff. Lewis has been poor thus far for the Rangers.
- The Yankees over the Blue Jays: The Yankees should wear down Drabek and get him out early. Burnett has to keep the Blue Jays in the yard though.
- The Indians over the Tigers: What the heck, right? Might as well ride the wave. Alex White, the Indians first round draft pick in 2009 makes his major league debut and shines. Porcello takes the loss.
- The Brewers over the Astros: Wandy threw 125 pitches his last time out in a loss. Randy Wolf suddenly looks good again. Strange season.
- The White Sox over the Orioles: The White Sox are really struggling. But Humber was so good last time out. Let's see if he can repeat it. The Orioles start Tillman who has been hurt and also sports a 6.16 ERA.
- The Marlins over the Reds: Josh Johnson goes to 4-0 after this game and Volquez will have his usual bad first inning.
- The Twins over the Royals: The Twins always seem to win when Duensing pitches. The Royals counter with Sean O'Sullivan. Too bad Duensing can't pitch every day.
- The Diamondbacks over the Cubs: Going with Ian Kennedy over Matt Garza. Garza has some of the weirdest stats in baseball. His record is bad, but his peripherals are outstanding.
- The Rockies over the Pirates: Hammel pitched real well last time out. So did Maholm. Going with the Rockies at home.
- The Dodgers over the Padres: Again, until the Padres can start scoring runs, you can't pick them. Kuroda with the win over Stauffer.
And the Game of the Day!
- The Red Sox over the Mariners: Fister has been good but the M's don't score when he pitches. Lackey has had two great starts in a row.
Games of the Day: 15-15