Maybe Tuesday will be better:
- The Orioles over the Red Sox: Two odd forces are at work here. First, the Orioles have been so bad of late that it would seem that they have again become the outcasts of the pre-Showalter days. Meanwhile, the Red Sox are playing so well after their rough start that they seem irresistible. Then you have two young pitchers in Britton and Buchholz who can be game-changers. But which one will it be? It may well could be Britton.
- The White Sox over the Yankees: There is nothing worse than a cold team facing the Yankees. It seems that those teams find their desire to beat the Yankees stronger than their desire to suck. Thus a 2-0 shutout last night and a blow out win tonight over Nova. Floyd gets the honors.
- The Indians over the Royals: Doesn't it seem that these two teams play each other every night and nobody else? Masterson over Hochevar.
- The Nationals over the Mets: The Fan can see this one coming. Young will only last three innings and then the Mets have to scramble with mediocre relievers. The unlucky Zimmermann benefits from the happenings on the other side.
- The Mariners over the Tigers: Felix Hernandez has to win a 1-0 game again. But he is certainly capable of striking out twelve or so in this game to do it. Coke has been Pepsi-like so far.
- The Giants over the Pirates: Morton got smoked his last time out after an early good start. Cain has been uncharacteristically generous of late. But Cain is able to win this one. Looking over all these picks so far, all of these games could be wrong. Disaster looms. Ah well. Keep going, Fan.
- The Dodgers over the Marlins: The Marlins might be the best team that nobody watches. But Volstad has an ERA near five lifetime against the Dodgers and he faces Kershaw. Adds up to a loss.
- The Rockies over the Cubs: De La Rosa has been really good and the funny thing is, nobody believes he is this good. Except that Fan that is. But one thing is for sure, he's got to be better than James "Gypsy" Russell.
- The Blue Jays over the Rangers: Jesse Litsch will make it harder for the Blue Jays to play roster tag with him anymore. The Blue Jays match up well against Matty Harrison.
- The Reds over the Brewers: Just when you think the Reds are dead, WHOOSH! Leake wins. Estrada will not be able to cash in his c.h.i.p.s.
- The Bay Rays over the Twins: Just once, this Fan would love it if Liriano would look at his coaches and manager and say, "Screw you. Let's do this my way." But the Twins continue to hate on Liriano, who needs to get himself traded to be appreciated for the talent he is. Meanwhile, Wade Davis shuts down the Twins.
- The Phillies over the Diamondbacks: Daniel Hudson is going in the opposite direction from last year. Oswalt takes advantage.
- The Padres over the Braves: Harang is on a serious roll. Watch him as he goes 5-0 as the Braves drives go out to die in the outfield. Jurrjens gives up enough to lose.
- The Athletics over the Angels: If only the A's could hit. With the pitching they've been getting, nobody would touch them. But they can't hit which makes this pick problematic. Facing Chatwood might help.
And the Game of the Day!
- The Cardinals over the Astros: Bud Norris beat the Mets. The Cardinals aren't the Mets. Jaime Garcia never seems to lose. The Cardinals will be glad to be away from tornado alley for a while. Stay safe people.
Games of the Day: 13-13