Make that two negative picking days in a row. A once promising week has turned to mock this picker just like the snow that fell last night. The week is saying: "Heh, you thought you were good at this, didn't you? You thought you might play golf soon, didn't you?" Come on, Week, now you are piling on. Did this picker mention the flat tire yesterday or that we ran out of oil? Golly, it's good to be alive! Well, it IS baseball season, and that makes up for a lot.
Okay, enough whining. Today is going to be a big day in baseball. Not only are there fifteen games of fun on tap, but Bryce Harper will make his debut and the Angels have called up Mike Trout and say that, you know, they are actually going to play him. This picking thing is just for fun anyway. It's not like any money is at risk. It isn't that kind of feature. So let's have fun. That's it. Fun. Let's pick some games!
- The Angels over the Indians: That's right. The Trout game is first in line. Cool, eh? Dan Haren shuts down the Indians and Jeanmar Gomez will hopefully not throw a ball at Trout.
- The Cardinals over the Brewers: Let's hope the Cardinals are not exhausted from circling the bases all those times. Kyle Lohse has been terrific. Marco (Polo) Estrada goes for the Brewers.
- The Royals over the Twins: Sure, let's make it four in a row for the boys in the powder blue. Bruce Chen will throw slow, slower and slowest to the Twins and win. The Royals will hit Jason Marquis.
- The Yankees over the Tigers: Yeah, it's Freddy Garcia. But what the heck. Miracles do happen. He is faced by "The Emoticon," Drew Smyly. :) <--a smyly
- The Blue Jays over the Mariners: If the Blue Jays can't get a win against Kevin Millwood with Brandon Morrow on the mound, then this picker is washing his hands of that team forever.
- The Reds over the Astros: Hey Reds, here's an idea: Fire your manager. Instead, they will get a win from Johnny Cueto over Lucas Harrell and the team will think that everything is okay. It isn't.
- The Phillies over the Cubs: Gosh, the Phillies stink, don't they? But they should score at least a few off of Randy Wells and Joe Blanton pitches well enough to win.
- The Athletics over the Orioles: This is a real tough pick. Two pitchers pitching well in Tyler Ross and Wei-Lin Chen. The nod goes to Ross as he can strikeout his share of Orioles. The A's have to score four to win though.
- The Diamondbacks over the Marlins: Warning, this pick is only because this picker wants Ian Kennedy to go 4-0. Any claim toward rationality goes out the window on this one. Anibal Sanchez is really good though. Tough game.
- The White Sox over the Red Sox: Can Jake Peavy tame the wild Red Sox? Can Jon Lester pitch a good game? Putting the pick on Peavy.
- The Braves over the Pirates: Poor Erik Bedard. He's been decent, but he is 0-4. Make that 0-5. Randall Delgado won't be great, but his bullpen will bail him out as usual.
- The Rangers over the Bay Rays: Let's see, several picks against the Bay Rays have blown up in this picker's face. Several picks against Colby Lewis have blown up too. So what to do? Thinking that Jeff Niemann isn't good enough to stop the Rangers' lineup.
- The Mets over the Rockies: Dillon Gee? Well, who knows. But the Rockies are forced to start Guillermo Moscoso because Jeremy Guthrie had a bicycle accident. Wonder if Guthrie was singing: "Good morning, pavement, how are ya. Don't you know me, I'm your native son..."
- The Giants over the Padres: Tim Lincecum has no velocity. But he can still pitch. Especially in spacious Petco Park. Anthony Bass goes for the Padres.
- The Nationals over the Dodgers: Bryce Harper playing! Stephen Strasburg pitching! Say hello to your Washington Nationals! Of course, Chad Billingsley might have a word to say about it all.
Games of the Day: 14-8