- The Yankees over the Blue Jays: Okay, the Yankees went on their one day Halladay. Now it's back to the gravy train.
- The Cubs over the Mets: Figueroa has been good of late for the Mets, but Harden should win.
- The Brewers over the Giants: When two pitchers (Cain and Gallardo) seem equal, go with the better hitting team.
- The Rangers over the Orioles: The Rangers have to keep winning. They are not out of it. But they have to win.
- The White Sox over the Red Sox: Wakefield versus Floyd. It never is a good idea to pick the guy coming off the disabled list.
- The Twins over the Indians: Home Run Baker versus Masterson. A game fraught with danger.
- The Cardinals over the Pirates: Hate to pick against Ohlendorf, but geez, the Cardinals are good.
- The Marlins over the Nationals: Hate picking against Livan. Heh.
- The Astros over the Phillies: Oswalt lives for games like this.
- The Bay Rays over the Tigers: Can pick a win for Galarraga.
- The Braves over the Reds: The Reds have been hot and Kip Wells has been...well...surprising. But things get back to normal here.
- The Royals over the Angels: Have to root for Greinke, but the Royals will need to score two runs. Can they do it?
- The Diamondbacks over the Rockies: Just can't pick Contreras to win for his new team. Just can't do it.
- The Mariners over the Athletics: French over Anderson. Two good young pitchers.
- The Dodgers over the Padres: Latos has been good, but the Dodgers have to break out some time.