And so we turn the page into September. Baseball's final month should provide little in the way of race excitement. Most of the division leaders are a lock. The AL wild card seems more and more locked up. Only the NL wild card seems to be up for grabs. But the games will go on. September call ups will feature kids getting a chance to showcase themselves. And this Fan will keep on picking games.
Let's see what the new month brings us:
- The Blue Jays over the Rangers: Tallet seems like a better pick than Nippert. The Fan hates picking games when two young pitchers pitch.
- The Phillies over the Giants: The Giants' wild card party gets busted in Philly.
- The Yankees over the Orioles: It's time for Mr. Burnett to get going. Yo! It's September!
- The Tigers over the Indians: Jackson is so much a better pick than his opponent, Carrasco.
- The Bay Rays over the Red Sox: Sonnanstine gets to do his Nolasco impression on why he shouldn't have gone to the minors.
- The Reds over the Pirates: Might as well sweep them patch wearers.
- The Braves over the Marlins: Hanson should beat Sanchez.
- The Astros over the Cubs: Should go with Moehler. After all, Saunders with his ERA over 5, threw a three hitter last night.
- The White Sox over the Twins: Danks versus Manship. Manship?
- The Cardinals over the Brewers: Pineiro versus Looper. This one seems too easy.
- The Rangers over the Blue Jays: Second game of a day/night thingamabob.
- The Rockies over the Mets: The poor Mets...
- The Padres over the Nationals: Richard proves once again that the White Sox were stupid to trade him for Peavy who may never pitch again.
- The Athletics over the Royals: Because one of these bad teams has to win.
- The Dodgers over the Diamondbacks: Padilla hasn't lost interest yet.
- The Angels over the Mariners: Because picking the Mariners last night was stupid.
Yesterday: 4-8 Yuck!
Week: 11-16 Amateur!
Month: 201-196 (final) Just made it!