One more week of this major book project and this picker can finally start living life again. 80 hours a week for three months gets to a guy after a while, even if it was a nice little contract. Man, was that a lot of work. Maybe now the Fan can get a few of his own books out before Christmas. Egads! More 80 hour weeks are on the way for that.
Let's get to today's picks before the Fan falls back asleep:
- The Reds over the Pirates: Might as well go for the sweep.
- The Twins over the White Sox: Wonder if Buehrle wishes he were traded too.
- The Cubs over the Astros: Yeah, NOW Bradley starts to hit. Lilly should get the win over Paulino.
- The Nationals over the Padres: Stuck with Lannon all year. Come on, big guy, give the Fan a win.
- The Royals over the Athletics: Probably a day too late with this pick, but maybe Bannister can, you know, like win a game?
- The Angels over the Mariners: Kazmir wins his Angels' debut against King Felix and the Mariners.
- The Phillies over the Giants: Happ versus (hehehehe) Brad Penny.
- The Yankees over the Orioles: Sabathia should win this one easy.
- The Tigers over the Indians: Porcello versus Laffey. Got to go with Porcello.
- The Red Sox over the Bay Rays: Beckett gets back on track as the Bay Rays are toast for 2009.
- The Braves over the Marlins: Got to go with Vazquez over Vande (the Incredible) Hurk.
- The Rangers over the Blue Jays: Hunter shoots down the Blue Jays.
- The Cardinals over the Brewers: Carpenter should beat Bush, no?
- The Rockies over the Mets: Okay, Redding was decent last time out, but this time? Uh...no.
- The Dodgers over the Diamondbacks: Billingsley versus Scherzer. Thome gets a pinch hit and very expensive single in his debut.