Two decent days in a row. This picker is swooning. Barring a major meltdown today, the two days pretty much ensured a May in the black. But boy it was a heck of a struggle. The thing that all this picking shows the Fan is that parity is working in MLB. Teams like the Padres, Reds, Blue Jays and Nationals show that teams can build talent and compete with the money teams. Some "money" teams like the Cubs, Mariners and White Sox can misjudge talent and squander that money. Other money teams like the Yankees and Phillies can have injury problems and struggle more than expected. So far it's a very interesting season and you can't ask for anything more than that.
- The Braves over the Phillies: Hanson helps the Phillies' hitting woes continue. Blanton gives up too many runs to win.
- The Athletics over the Tigers: Verlander might strike out fifteen but Cahill has been the A's most consistent pitcher.
- The Yankees over the Indians: Talbot has been pretty good for Cleveland, but Pettitte should have no problem with the Indians' line up.
- The Pirates over the Cubs: In the upset pick of the day, Ohlendorf stymies the Cubs and Randy Wells tries to figure out what is going wrong.
- The Astros over the Nationals: Roy Oswalt continues to pitch for the scouts.
- The Angels over the Royals: Hate to pick against Hochever. He's been great. But Santana will strike out ten guys.
- The Rockies over the Giants: Ubaldo out pitched Lincecum every time last year. It will happen again today.
- The Cardinals over the Reds: Would like this pick to be wrong, but it won't be.
- The Bay Rays over the Blue Jays: Morrow is the Jays' weak link.
- The Dodgers over the Diamondbacks: The D-backs are a mess, especially in the bullpen. The Dodgers win behind Billingsley.
- The Mets over the Padres: Takahashi has been amazing.
- The Mariners over the Twins: Quick quiz: Who leads the AL in ERA? Why that would be Mr. Fister.
And the GAME OF THE DAY
- The Marlins over the Brewers: Nate Roberston wins this one. Fire Mr. Macha please.