Starting off the month of June with eleven victories in fifteen attempts is rosy. The only blemish on that rose were losses by the Cubs, Twins, Giants and Nationals. The Nationals fell victim to a blown save. And comically, the Twins were the Game of the Day. That feature has been a thorn in this picker's side. But, no complaints on a day that was really good. We even got some much needed rain here in northern Maine.
Unfortunately, this Fan has to hurry through these picks as he has a stupid 7:30 meeting. Why the heck would anyone schedule a meeting at 7:30!
- The Braves over the Phillies: Can you say, "Sweep, baby!" Lowe over Kendrick.
- The Dodgers over the Diamondbacks: Neither team is hitting all that well, but the Dodgers have better pitching.
- The Mets over the Padres: Could the Mets be the start of the Padres' fall to earth? Santana over Richard.
- The Pirates over the Cubs: The Cubs can't seem to beat the Pirates and Zambrano makes his first start after stupidly going to the bullpen for a month.
- The Indians over the Tigers: The Tigers continue to stumble with Cleveland's Carmona defeating Galarraga.
- The Yankees over the Orioles: Mr. Hughes has some more fun.
- The Blue Jays over the Bay Rays: Forget the stupid game last night, Marcum will come up big today.
- The Marlins over the Brewers: Who will leave first, Trevor Hoffman or Ken Macha?
- The Red Sox over the Athletics: As long as Varitek catches, Dice-K will be okay.
- The AStros over the Nationals: Wandy has to win sooner or later.
- The Angels over the Royals: Should be a high scoring game.
- The Rangers over the White Sox: Feldman is slowly starting to get his act together.
- The Mariners over the Twins: Mr. Lee takes care of the lefty-heavy Twins.
- The Rockies over the Giants: A great duel between Francis and Cain. Beware of the Rockies in the second half. Francis makes a huge difference.
And the GAME OF THE DAY
- The Cardinals over the Reds: Carpenter over somebody named LaCure. Who?
Games of the Day: 22-24 *grumble*