Another solid night adding to a solid week and a good start to the month. Among the few losses were: a blown save by the Mets, an unexpected performance by Galaragga, another ninth inning meltdown for the Blue Jays, and two games that could have gone either way and went the wrong way. But it's all good. Too bad about Galaragga. He was robbed. The Cubs and Pirates were rained out.
Thursday shapes up like the following:
- The Tigers over the Indians: Porcello picks up a victory in this one.
- The Yankees over the Orioles: Sabathia gets a bit untracked.
- The Oakland Athletics over the Red Sox: Anderson shuts down the Sox while Mr. Wakefield really looked old his last time out.
- The Nationals over the Astros: Martin versus Moehler. There will be some runs scored in this one!
- The Royals over the Angels: Greinke totally shuts down the Angels.
- The Marlins over the Brewers: Would love to see Capuano pitch well, but it's unlikely and besides, Josh Johnson goes for the Marlins.
- The Braves over the Dodgers: Two of the NL's hottest teams. One of them has to win.
- The Mariners over the Twins: King Felix over Pavano. Pavano just kills this picker though.
And the Game of the Day:
- The Rangers over the White Sox: This won't even be a contest with Lewis over Garcia.
Games of the Day: 23-24