Thursday's short schedule provided another winning day and June is off to a groovy 26-12 start. Can we just forget the month of May please? June is beginning like April when life was grand. And this picker went 100 games over .500 for the season. Got to like that. The one pie in the face? That @#$#%#$#%@ Game of the Day feature lost again. For crying out loud.
- The Giants over the Pirates: Sanchez versus Duke. The Giants are the kind of hitting team that Zach Duke could mess with. But Sanchez will take care of the Pirate's offense.
- The Phillies over the Padres: The Fan has seen this a hundred times: The phenom (Latos) faces the legend (Halladay) and melts.
- The Reds over the Nationals: Livan is still pitching well, but his run support has dried up.
- The Blue Jays over the Yankees: Brett Cecil has put together three good starts in a row and has lowered his ERA by a run and a half. Plus he has fared really well against good teams. Burnett has been burned by the Blue Jays before.
- The Mets over the Marlins: R. A. Dickey floats the Mets by the fish in this one.
- The Cubs over the Astros: Not a ringing endorsement of Zambrano pitching, but one against Paulino on the other side.
- The Rangers over the Bay Rays: In the upset of the day, Wilson out pitches Wade Davis.
- The Tigers over the Royals: Can't ever pick the Royals when Chen is pitching.
- The White Sox over the Indians: Danks hasn't been good, but he should be better than Masterson.
- The Cardinals over the Brewers: Wainwright over Wolf in a good match up.
- The Diamondbacks over the Rockies: Going with Ian Kennedy over Cook. Probably stooopid but...
- The Twins over the Athletics: Braden is going downhill...
- The Dodgers over the Braves: Kershaw should beat Kawakami.
- The Angels over the Mariners: Can't pick Ian Snell to beat the Angels despite the Angels' snoozy offense.
And the Game of the Day (can't even capitalize this anymore)
- The Red Sox over the Orioles: Those poor Orioles. It's so sad...
Games of the Day: 23-25