At least the week ended with a decent day. Nine wins is better than nine losses. Though it could have been ten wins if *grumblejobagrumblegirardi* the Yankees hadn't blown their game.
Sunday starts a new week and in a couple of days, a new month. Thank goodness.
- The Yankees over the Indians: Giving the nod to Burnett over Masterson, though it is scary how similar the two pitchers are.
- Oakland over Detroit: The A's are in first place right now and Braden keeps them there over Scherzer.
- The Blue Jays over the Orioles: Romero versus Guthrie. Don't you feel bad for the Orioles?
- The Marlins over the Phillies: The Marlins are ticked off they got a perfect game thrown against them yesterday.
- The Reds over the Astros: Leake finishes off the sweep.
- The Braves over the Pirates: Kawakami gets his first win.
- The Red Sox over the Royals: Bruce Chen is starting for the Royals. That's all you need to know.
- The Bay Rays over the White Sox: Shields is way better than Peavy at this point.
- The Brewers over the Mets: R. A. Dickey looked great against the Phillies. But Wolf and company will win this one.
- The Cubs over the Cardinals: Something is seriously wrong with the Cardinals. It's freaky.
- The Dodgers over the Rockies: Thinking that Kershaw is more of a sure thing than Chacin.
- The Padres over the Nationals: Picking Garland over Livan in a match up of two of the unlikeliest success stories of the year.
- The Diamondbacks over the Giants: Like Kennedy over Wellemeyer in this one. It's nice to see Posey up for the Giants though.
- The Twins over the Rangers: Fed up with the Rangers. They simply cannot beat a good team.
And the GAME OF THE DAY
- The Angels over the Mariners: Thinking that Snell isn't going to last four innings against the Angels.
Last week: 44-47
Month: 200-196 hanging on by a fingernail
Games of the Day: 20-23